From 2017 to 2019, Ellen owned and operated Robb Law Offices, PLLC. In September 2019, she joined the Mitchell Day Law Firm, and she moved with the team to HAT in 2020. Ellen is dedicated to health care law and uses her background and expertise to develop and attack litigation and appellate issues that often accompany or evolve from general health care issues. In addition to health care law, Ellen is a mediator and is on the FINRA panel of arbitrators. She is also retained as an expert in insurance coverage and claims handling issues.
Before branching out on her own, Ellen worked in the general litigation practice group at a large Mississippi firm. There, she focused on civil defense for both first- and third-party insurance claims with an emphasis on special investigation, as well as fire claims and suspected arson. She was also heavily involved in Hurricane Katrina bad faith litigation, where she was the lead attorney in a multitude of mediations. She briefed and argued motions and participated in settlement conferences, depositions and various court appearances.
Ellen served as a law clerk for the Honorable Leslie Southwick at the Mississippi Court of Appeals. She was named a Rising Star in Super Lawyers for the years 2009-2011 and one of the Mississippi Business Journal’s 2018 Leaders in Law.
- Auburn University (1998)
- University of Memphis (2000)
- Ole Miss Law School (2003)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- Mississippi Women Lawyers Association
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- International Association of Special Investigation Units
- American Bar Association
- Madison County Bar Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Bar Association for the Fifth Circuit
Honors and Awards
- Martindale Hubbell, AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating